Thursday, June 03, 2004

AN ENTRY IN WHICH I BITCH ABOUT OTHER BLOGS AGAIN, 'CAUSE THAT'S EASIER THAN BEING CREATIVE ON THIS SITE
You know what would be really cool? If a major magazine in a major urban area -- say New York magazine in lovely New York City -- decided to create a blog. That way, the blog could reflect the pulsing energy of the city as well as the magazine, and its regular updates on breaking hot news would not only attract hundreds of thousands of daily readers, but also new subscribers to the print version.

Yeah, that would be cool.

[There is no truth to the rumor I'm about to start that I wrote this entry in a pitiful attempt to get attention. None at all. Just because my entry yesterday on Gay Kinja caught the attention of Nick Denton and Jonno, neither of whom would otherwise be expected to know of my existence, is no reason to think that I am now randomly complaining about other web logs to draw attention to myself. And Elizabeth Spiers, when you read this because you've seen a bunch of referrals from TRL, I want you to believe me. Also, I think you should know that the book jacket on my new novel Trust Fund Boys was inspired by an old New York magazine cover. That would be a good subject to write about on The Kicker, don't you think? I did mention to Denton yesterday that my novel is also the first that I know of to mention Gawker -- true fact -- but he didn't take the bait. I guess I'll just have to appeal directly to Choire. Memo to self: complain about Gawker tomorrow...]