Friday, October 28, 2005

SORT OF LIKE BARBARA BOXER, BUT IN REVERSE
Author tries hand at politics

TROY, N.Y. (AP) _ Caleb Carr, author of the historical novel "The Alienist," is running for a county legislative seat in the Hudson Valley... Carr said he wants to bring his knowledge of homeland security to county government.
Now, I could spend all day making fun of this news story, but I won't. I merely want to throw out a few comments.

1. Caleb Carr is a homeland security expert? Oh, yeah, I guess so. Well, does Tom Clancy know about that?

2. Homeland security in the Greater Cherry Plain-Hoosick Falls area of Rensselaer County, New York? Has anyone looked at a map?

3. "I know Mr. Carr, I know he's a famous author," he said. Ahem. Two things: (1) Let's not cheapen the title of 'Famous Author,' okay? And (2) that's capital-F, capital-A.

I tell you... some people do not get it.