Monday, February 11, 2008

MY OTHER THERAPIST IS A BLOGGER
That would make a great bumper sticker, wouldn't it?

Anyway, I don't know if I'm late, early, or right on time for the train wreck (which I first discovered here), but I find everything about this equally fascinating and abhorrent. I don't know what keeps bringing me back. Is it the "I hate myself/I hate you more" blog entries? The overly-invested, "we've found-a-new-Brat-Boy" commenters? I can't answer that question.

I do know that I would delete this blog seven seconds after reading comments like this:
Erik
I hate to say this but you have better prospects than this 39-year old.Lately I have been thinking about my life and I feel I made some bad choices in the past.I hate being unemployed and feeling like shit most of the time.I'm not depressed or on the verge of a breakdown,I'm just not happy,period.No amount of drugs is gonna change that.My blog posts are usually happy but here I can express my loneliness and rage at the world.Oh Erik if you only knew the crap I had to endure for 39 years to get here.Seriously you and I need to get together and talk.No I'm not pursuing you man,that is not my agenda.If I do see you at the awards or around San Francisco you will understand what a fucked up life I have.And I don't blame no one but myself.Think about it.

February 6, 2008 5:16 PM
If, of course, I drew PsychoReaders. Which, of course, you're not.

Oh, and the double negative in the last sentence has nothing to do with it, although maybe it should. No, the pure sweaty desperation is enough to scare me off. Hell, it gives me goosebumps and neither commenter nor commentee even know that I exist.

Which is my way of saying thank you to my readers for not being crazy and/or taking your meds. You guys are the best, and by 'the best,' I mean you generally don't frighten me.

I will do my best to reciprocate. No promises, but I'll try.