Wednesday, October 01, 2003

OH, BY THE WAY, I'M BACK
Did you miss me after my week in lovely Rochester?

I had a nice time. Thanks for asking. I was only there for a long weekend, but it was every bit as relaxing as my vacation in August. Not only did I get some quality time with random sets of parents and my sister, but I managed to see a number of old friends. No, I didn't see everyone. I'll catch up with them the next time.

One observation about Rochesterarians: I had forgotten how much they can drink. I mean, I'm hardly the poster boy for sobriety, but... whiskey in your coffee at 10:00 AM? Now really, Patrick!

But you know what? It was fuckin' cold up there! And I wasn't dressed appropriately, 'cause my head was still in summer mode. Unfortunately, autumn followed me back to New York City, and now it's cold here, too... and for some reason my sweaters are all MIA.

Damn. I didn't plan out this change-of-seasons thing very well.