Tuesday, February 26, 2008

MAY MUST BE BOOK MONTH
I am looking at literary overload in just a few short months. I suppose there are worse ways to go insane.

First, I'll be delivering the manuscript for my fourth book (currently untitled, as you know) at the beginning of May... uh, by April 15, just like I promised my editor!

Then, on May 8, I'll be flying to New Orleans for Saints & Sinners. And unlike last year, this year I will really be there. Turn down a chance to party with Greg Herren (and hopefully Teej and Becks)? Not in your life!

I'll fly back to New York on May 12, just in time for Marc Acito 's appearance at the Upper West Side Barnes & Noble to promote his new book, Attack of the Theater People. (I've just added Marc's blog to the blogroll by the way. He's trying to do something new every day of the year. I did something new yesterday... well, if you counting 'started drinking at 4 PM instead of 6 PM' as new. Anyway, check out his blog, because there is a naked pictures, and I know how you perverts are.)

Oh, and the next day -- that would be May 13, for those of you on LiveJournal -- is the official publication date for our friend Joel Derfner's long-awaited new book, Swish: My Quest to Become the Gayest Person Ever. Which has a blurb by none other than Marc Acito, because publishing is incestuous, or at least that's what I'm going to write some day in my blurbs for Greg's, Becks's, and Teej's books.

And then... that's it!

Well... unless I decide to fly out to the West Coast a few weeks later for this year's Book Expo America and the Lambda Literary Awards. Since I'm not a nominee this year, it might be fun to be there without the nervous stomach and subsequent guilt because my books are so awesome that not even writers I admire have a chance after being nominated in my category. On the other hand, FARBlog West Hollywood correspondent Boi from Troy has made me question if I'm up to the hassle, since apparently all airports are a six hour drive from WeHo. But I'm still thinking about it.

So anyway... remember to buy and read books. And if you decide to take a naked run, the rule is that if there are no pictures, it didn't happen.