Tuesday, May 27, 2008

MEANWHILE, ON THE WEST COAST...
Right now tens of thousands of gay homosexual sodomite writer-types are descending on the Greater Los Angeles area for this year's Lambda Literary Awards ceremony. I had actually considered going, but -- as usual in May -- fiscal reality caught up with me. Fortunately, in only a few weeks I should receive my next royalty check, which will no doubt fatten my bank account... even after I buy that new Cessna I have my eye on.

Of course, all the award finalists are winners (where have I heard that before? Oh yeah. Uh... stet.) But two Friends of FARB are even more deserving than the other finalists, because... well, because they are Friends of FARB.



So good luck and best wishes to Andrew W. M. Beierle, whose novel First Person Plural is a finalist for Best Men's Fiction...



...and to Greg Herren, whose novel Murder in the Rue Chartres is up for Best Men's Mystery.


And if you're a planning to have a Lamdba Literary Award Party at home during Thursday evening's ceremony, you can find the complete list of finalists here. In case you have a Lammy pool going, or something.