Sunday, August 10, 2008

SUNDAY NIGHT YouTube OVERDOSE

And... I'm even going to make it pertain to writers! All artists, really. Yay for me!

You've probably heard the story, but it bears repeating. The analysis of Fred Astaire's first screen test: "Can't act. Can't sing. Balding. Can dance a little."

He got past that critique to give us (among so many things, including The Towering Inferno -- shut up!!) the following film clip. Click for the bestest eight minutes ever:



For another five minutes out of your life, watch Steven Martin and Bernadette Peters (who I loooooove) interpret the scene from Pennies From Heaven:



Speaking of Pennies From Heaven and Christopher Walken (what? we weren't talkin' 'bout Walken?), this clip will show you that Hairspray did him a disservice:



And you've all seen the sort of ultimate Walken dance performance (sorry, unembedable), but... what the hell.


Okay, so I wasted 20 minutes of your time. But wasn't it the Best. Wasting. Ever?!

You know it was.


UPDATE: Am I alone in hearting Pennies From Heaven? Well, if so, you all suck. Here's My Bernadette in her signature number. Maybe that will change your mind.




UPDATE McUPDATE: Forgot something:


(signature number writ bizarre,
but that's how I roll)