Wednesday, July 30, 2008

NEW DAY/SAME DAY

You know how Marc Acito is trying to do something new every day? Which, coincidentally, gives him a great angle to help promote his new novel, although I Am Sure That is Quite Coincidental, in a coincidental sort of way.

I think I should do something similar. Especially since my new novel -- Straight Lies, published by Kensington -- will coincidentally be coming out next April.

Except I don't want to be derivative, so here's my idea. Instead of doing something new and different every day, I'm going to do the exact same thing! Every day, I will:

wake up at 5:30 AM
play around on the Internet until I'm running late
shower, shave, and dress
go to work, arriving around 8:30 AM
work until around 5:30 PM
get to Happy Hour by 6:00 PM
go home around 8:00 PM
heat up some Hot Pockets
go to bed at 10:30 PM


This is an excellent plan. I only hope I can carry it off as consistently as I have for the past 27 years.

Wish me luck.