Tuesday, July 29, 2008

THE BFT GOES TO BATTLE

Scott Schmidt -- better known as the Boi From Troy -- popped into Manhattan last Friday to celebrate his birthday my blogging anniversary and take bad pictures of me. Over many, many, many drinks, we also discussed his efforts to mobilize some Republican opposition in California to Proposition 8.

The cynical part of me thinks, Good luck with that. But although I know the Boi's got his work cut out for him, I am also not one of those people who has a knee-jerk hatred of all things Republican, so instead I'll say 'Good luck with that' without tongue planted firmly in cheek. After all, the Republican mayor of San Diego and the Republican-led Laguna city council are already on record in opposition to Prop 8, and more will certainly follow. In my opinion, any opposition to bigotry is good opposition; any support for marriage rights is good support,

By the way, this reporter called the Boi for his comments on Friday. Despite what looks like slightly garbled sentence structure, I want to ensure my readers that Scott took the reporter's call before the drinking began.