Wednesday, May 04, 2005

PROMOTION, FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T NEED IT
Okay, first things first: I'm taking the M31 to work this morning and browsing Page Six to see if I'm mentioned -- which, today, I'm not -- and I see that Dana Vachon, better known in these parts as D-Nasty, who I've been telling you to read for a year and a half, has sold a few books at auction. (No link to the Post, 'cause it now requires registration, which is all screwed up. Go figure.) And then I check Gawker, 'cause I know they'll have the scoop, and... $650-fucking-thousand dollars!!!!! That's as if I had sold 92.86 books! Damn.

I mean, damn!! Somewhere in my archived e-mail I have a message from him saying he enjoyed this blog. I'm going to have to print it out and frame it.

Damn!

Okay... Envy, jealousy, covetousness, and all other synonyms aside, I'm happy for him.

But damn!

While we're on the subject of Bloggers Writing Books, this is as good a time as any to remind you that Faustus -- now outed by necessity as Joel Derfner -- is about to hit the shelves with his book, Gay Haiku. I had lunch with him last week, and can assure you he's as delightful in person as on his blog. As opposed to me.

For a few samples of what's in store for you, click here.

And I might as well also remind you that it's always a good idea to buy books written by Famous Author Rob Byrnes. Now that Trust Fund Boys is in paperback, you can even save a few bucks. Cheap bastards.

$650,000... damn...