Monday, August 15, 2005

TICK... TICK... TICK...
That's the sound of the clock I'm watching right now. Yes, kids, after two years without a vacation -- and by that, I mean a two-year stretch with no more than the occasional three-day weekend off -- I am going to be away from my desk for a glorious nine days, commencing the minute I can get out of here this upcoming Friday.

Frankly, I need it. Over the past few months, I've been feeling burned out. And in recent weeks, I do not feel I've been as efficient as I could be. I have a lot of balls in the air, and while I haven't dropped any of them, it's only a matter of time. A week to recharge my batteries should do me a world of good.

'Vacation 2005' will, of course, kick-off in beautiful Asbury Park, New Jersey, where I'll be appearing at Road Trip 4 and signing copies of Trust Fund Boys at Antic Hay Books on Saturday, August 20. Thanks to the generosity of our host -- thanks, Johnny! -- Brady and I are going to make a beach weekend of it. And I loves me my beach. Please stop by to say hi if you're in the area.

As for the rest of the week... who knows? Maybe I'll hang out with Brady in DC, or maybe I'll just putter around Manhattan. The only thing I won't do -- barring a national emergency -- is go to the office.

One of my goals for Vacation 2005 is to avoid the computer.
Therefore, at the end of this week I will be absenting myself from The Rob Log. However, since I give and give and give to you people, I am happy to announce that your Special Guest Bloggers will be my friends and fellow Kensington authors Becky Cochrane and Timothy J. Lambert, collectively one-half of 'Timothy James Beck' and 100% of both 'Cochrane Lambert' and, uh, 'Becky Cochrane' and 'Timothy J. Lambert.' Their new collaboration -- Three Fortunes in One Cookie -- will be released in a few weeks, so get busy and pre-order!

Oh, and don't try to pull anything while I'm gone. Becks and Teej have been briefed, and are prepared to kick some Sam-O-Rama butt, if necessary.

So now you only have to put up with me for a few more days. Savor the experience...