Thursday, November 16, 2006

READING WAS HOT
Last night's reading at New York's LGBT Center was a lot of fun. Good crowd, hot men, wine... what was not to love? Special thanks to the Blogger Kids who turned out for the event: Patrick, Crash, and David (who I finally had the chance to meet in person after all this time. And speaking of David, I caught him last weekend in A Little Night Music. If you get the opportunity, do yourself a favor and see the show!)

I was admittedly at a bit of a disadvantage. Andy Zeller acts, Stewart Lewis acts and sings, Casper Andreas acts and makes films, and Jamie Morris acts, and Rob Byrnes, well... he sits behind his computer most of the day. Also, the other authors/performers are uniformly young and cute, while I am reluctantly middle-aged and rapidly falling apart. But I don't think I bored anyone, and -- since that was my goal -- I'd have to call the evening a success.

Let me add that doing a group event like this was a lot of fun, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. So if any other authors are out there and want to organize something, you know where to find me.

Labels: , , ,