Friday, October 10, 2003

DRINKING AND DINING WITH PRIDE
So last night I was at the annual dinner of the Empire State Pride Agenda, along with celebrities like my boyfriend, new blogger Michael, my arch-rival, Tim Curry-wannabe Alan Cumming, and a thousand other people. I must note that Cumming would not look me in the eyes and made a point to stay as far away as possible from me. Coward.

Anyway, all the usual suspects were there: Hillary, Chuck, George, Judith, Tim Curry... oh wait, sorry that was just Cumming again. All in all, it was pretty much the standard-issue political dinner -- complete with requisite preaching to the choir -- but you can't quibble with the cause.

Michael has written about the dinner here. Michael is also trying to be less narcissistic by limiting his use of the work "I." Well... whatever...

By the way, my man JayMaster in the UK tossed me some nice comments about my book on his blog. Thanks, JayMaster!