Friday, October 24, 2003

ENTERTAIN YOURSELVES
In a little more than an hour, I'm supposed to be on a train to DC, where this cute little blond kid named Brady will hopefully be waiting for me. If he's not, then I'll be back later tonight. But I'm betting he'll be waiting for me at Union Station, so don't look for my return until Monday.

In the meantime, why don't you try sending the Mboto picture (below) to your more gullible friends, and see if you have better luck getting them to take the bait than I did. I mean, wouldn't you feel a sense of a job well done if Mboto showed up in your in-box three months from now? I know that I would.

To all my friends who already have visions of sugarplums Happy Hour dancing in their heads, please try to enjoy yourselves without me. It will be difficult, but think of it as an opportunity to get to know each other better. After all, there really is no reason why I should always be the center of attention.

On a final note, I know I promised you a scan of my new book jacket, but it won't happen until next week. The image was scanned, but the resolution is so high (and the file, therefore, so large) that I can't upload the jpg to TRL. You'll just have to be patient.

Ciao, kiddies! I'll send you a postcard!