Tuesday, October 21, 2003

THE GLAMOUROUS LIFE
I know that you're probably thinking that there can't possibly be a downside to being Famous Author Rob Byrnes. Hob-nobbing with Hillary and Cumming and Jason and Carrie Candace... having Happy Hour cocktails with Horshack... jetting off to DC every other weekend to be with the boyfriend, who happens to be connected to an international spy organization (I'd post a link, but then I'd have to kill you)... churning out fiction... living life in the fishbowl that is TRL... and, in my spare time, serving in the Gay Mafia.

Well, yes, come to think of it, there really isn't a downside to being me. Well... maybe Horshack. But mostly it's a pretty decent life. So... where was I going here...?

Oh yes. The exhaustion. Life is full, and life is fun, but I really can't remember the last time I got decent sleep. That is why I am making a radical departure here and announcing that:

* Tonight there will be no Happy Hour.
* Tonight there will be no wild escapades.
* Tonight I will not be Famous Author Rob Byrnes. Tonight, I will be Homebody Rob Byrnes.

(Quick! Somebody talk me out of this...)