Thursday, December 04, 2003

SPEAKING OF MY READERS...
An overnight e-mail reminds me that I have been remiss in not mentioning that I met one of my readers the weekend before last. Let's call him "Anthony," just for fun. And now I'll mention him, 'cause I don't want him to feel neglected.

Anthony popped down from Montreal to visit friends -- not just me; alas, I'm not yet that important -- and we spent a mild Saturday afternoon/evening walking every inch of the West Village and Chelsea, and talking about... well, mostly talking about what a great novelist I am. That, and a lot about politics. And Dolores Hope. (You had to be there.)

It was fun, and the conversation was interesting and easy. Anthony, make sure to let me know the next time you're going to be in the Big City. But next time, we're doing a lot less walking.