Wednesday, January 07, 2004

A FEW RANDOM SHOTS TO END THE AFTERNOON
In no particular order, here are some random things that either amused me or confused me at some point in recent months... well, okay, mostly this afternoon:

From the Department of "Why not? He was with The Police, wasn't he?": "Sting uncovers network involving illegal bear parts, ginseng" [Sort of sounds like the synopsis from a bad mid-season replacement series, doesn't it?]

My most recent African correspondent writes: "After going through some old file in the records I discovered that if I do not remit this money out urgently it would be forfeited for nothing. The owner of this account is Dr.Phillip Morris..." My Nigerian friend doesn't say it in so many words, but I'm betting that the good doctor died of lung cancer.

An excellent set of map detailing where the money is coming from in the presidential race.
(Via Kottke, and bookmarked on my computer a long, long time ago until I decided to share it with you)