Tuesday, February 22, 2005

HELP ME WITH MY RSS FEED AND I'LL GIVE YOU A COOKIE
As you'll recall, six or seven weeks ago I figured out how to set up a site feed for this blog.

Or so I thought.

A few weeks ago, Jase brought to my attention that the feed isn't updating. Sure enough, I went to take a look, and... well. Nothing has updated since I created the feed. Hot Toddy's comment was frighteningly truthful. I failed.

I haven't really thought about it since Jase clued me in, but -- now that I have the briefest of lulls in my crazy work schedule and I'm trying to get some techie things out of the way -- I thought I'd appeal to the blogger community for advice. Here is how things read under the Settings/Site Feed option in Blogger:
Publish Site Feed: Yes

Descriptions: Full

Site Feed Server Path: ftp.blogspot.com/

Site Feed File Name: atom.xml

Site Feed URL: http://robnyc.blogspot.com/atom.xml
And, yes, I've published and republished numerous times. I've published the entire blog, I've published only the index, I've done everything I can think of to update the site feed.

So what am I not doing? Your technical assistance is greatly appreciated. Better yet, if you help me I promise not to say anything nasty about you. For a while.

Update: The lovely Elizabeth solved the problem. I'm back in business, kids! Now, what kind of cookie would you like, Elizabeth?