Wednesday, March 16, 2005

GREG TOLD ME TO BLOG, SO I'M BLOGGING
Earlier this afternoon, I received the following e-mail from Greg:
From: Greg [mailto:greg@greg's-menial-job-which-really-sucks.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 1:18 PM
To: rbyrnes@famous-author-workplace.com; 'Steven (E-mail)'; 'C-Mac (Exchange)'
Subject: Re: So...

Doesn't your blog need updating? Leave those of us who actually do work, alone.
Now, ordinarily Greg's terse dismissal of my e-mail to him ("Everyone is quiet. Entertain me!") would make me very sad. However, I consider myself to be the type of man who can make lemonade out of lemons -- come to think of it, anyone can do that, given some lemons, water and sugar, but whatever -- so I thought I'd take this opportunity to briefly update the blog and update you on a few things in my life. Here goes.

1. Someone de-linked me. I'm not going to tell you who it was, but apparently I wasn't quick enough to reciprocate the link. Is it wrong to think that's funny and more than a little needy on the other blogger's part? Ah well... saves me the trouble.

2. Hot Toddy has learned the price of fame: you attract a lot of morons into your orbit. That's what he gets for being an attention whore.

3. I spent the weekend visiting my boyfriend, although visiting my boyfriend required me to sit in on 12 hours of training for volunteers wanting to assist GLBT youth. I even endured role-playing. But the plus side (excluding, of course, the fact that I got to see my boyfriend) was that one of the volunteers-in-training had read The Night We Met, and is now setting me up to appear at a gay book club in DC. Volunteering, after all, is its own reward.

4. I got a very strange fan letter yesterday. If I respond, I will not be using my apartment as the return address.

5. Despite the fact that he was mean to me, and has continued his nastiness via e-mail throughout the afternoon, I still want to point out that yesterday was Greg's birthday. If you get the chance, pop over to his blog and wish him a Happy Big 5-2!

6. Bored now.