Monday, July 25, 2005

BETTER THAN SIX FEET UNDER
I know that making fun of 365gay.com is the blogging equivalent of shooting fish in a very, very, very tiny barrel. Without water. But when I read a gripping article on how to cope with the death of a love one, my Inner Snark just melts away...
And then there’s the mess! No one will have wiped his or her feet before rushing across that beige carpet. And no one will notice that the little night table being shoved out of the way to make room for the defibulator is a priceless antique that means…meant…so much to both of you. And then there’s the state of your place. My gawd, you think. If I’d known so many people were coming, I would have washed the dishes!
For homosexuals, death is even more profoundly tragic than it is for other people. It can be messy, too!