Wednesday, September 06, 2006

MR. BYRNES GOES TO WASHINGTON
Hey, you! Yeah, you! Remember that I'm going to be visiting Lambda Rising in Washington, DC tomorrow. That's Thursday, September 7, 2006, if you don't happen to be reading this minutes after I upload it.

Complete details:

MEET Famous Author Rob Byrnes!

HEAR excerpts from his new hit novel,
When the Stars Come Out!

GET an autographed book!
(only $23 plus tax)

Thursday, September 7, 2006
7:00 PM
at
Lambda Rising
1625 Connecticut Avenue NW
Washington, DC


Oh... and let me give a shout out to my girls Heidi and Mary Kay at Lambda Rising, who have made this easy on me.



Now that that's out of the way, I need some Washingtonian expertise. Way back when, I had planned to stay with a friend of my boyfriend, but he had to leave town on business. So now I'm looking for a less-expensive hotel ('less expensive' because, much as I love my publishing house, paying the travel expenses of their authors is not one of Those Things They Do.) I've loved staying at Helix and Rouge in the past, but -- given the short notice -- the rack rates seem a bit high to me for a one-night stay. So if anyone has a suggestion, leave it in the comments or e-mail me. Otherwise I'm spending a long, cold night at Union Station, and you will feel bad.


Oh, and one last thing on the subject of gay independent booksellers we heart: The Oscar Wilde Bookshop (15 Christopher Street) now has 8 or 9 signed copies of the book. If you're in New York, go buy one.



YET ANOTHER UPDATE: I am reconsidering taking Amtrak to DC. Seriously.