Monday, January 22, 2007

FLICKER
A few weeks ago, David posted a list of his ten favorite movies. Instead of developing real content for this blog, I thought I'd steal that idea.

After a few days minutes of consideration, and knowing that I've forgotten something, the following are my personal Top Ten movies:

1. All About Eve
2. Chicago
3. Goodfellas
4. Sunset Boulevard
5. The Maltese Falcon
6. Casablanca
7. The Sting
8. Pennies From Heaven
9. Beautiful Thing
10. Young Frankenstein

Random runners-up: Blood Simple, The Candidate, Chinatown, The Godfather (I and II), The Graduate, The Grifters, His Girl Friday, The In-Laws (1979), Jaws, Parting Glances, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Some Like It Hot, Tootsie

A few caveats: I have not listed my guilty pleasures (e.g., every movie ever made by Irwin Allen); I have also eliminated a handful of excellent made-for-TV movies. Also, I am not stating that I think Citizen Kane is inferior to, say, Young Frankenstein... but if I haven't seen a movie in a decade, it's hard for me to judge.

So which movies do you think I missed? What's on my list that you hate with a red hot burning passion? Let's hear it...