Tuesday, January 02, 2007

YOU LIKE ME! YOU REALLY LIKE ME!
So prove it.

Like most of you, I care a great deal about each one of the 9,467 annual blog awards. These are quantitative and meaningful ways in which we can validate the accuracy, importance, intelligence, maturity, and historical significance of past nominees and winners, such as Queerty and Brat Boy.

If not for these awards, who would validate the existence of the same six blogs? This may be controversial, but I'm going to put it right out there: we need blog awards like we need blogs. Without them, those of us with blogs would have to get friends. Life as we know it would be destroyed.

I know that my readers tend to have this image of me as a popular, cool kid, but -- while that is true -- I am also a blogger, and need validation. Therefore, I am begging you to click here and nominate me in an appropriate category. Off the top of my head, here are some suggestions:

Best African or Middle Eastern Weblog
Best Craft Weblog
Best Computers or Technology Weblog
Best Teen Weblog
Best Group Weblog
Best Use of Manilow in a Blog
Lifetime Achievement


However, please feel free to use your own judgment. Only you -- my dear, dear readers -- know what keeps you coming back to The Rob Log.

I really want you to do this. I need one of these awards. Otherwise, my life will not be complete, and I will wither and die.

Vote early. Vote Often. Vote Byrnes.

Thank you.

Labels: