Tuesday, April 17, 2007

YOU FIRST; NO, YOU FIRST
Let me be very clear: I think term limits are anti-democratic and an insult to the collective intelligence of the voters.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I crack myself up! Like the voters have collective intelligence...

Uh... ahem.

All right, obviously I also think most voters would vote for a shiny, sparkling, pretty trinket if they could figure out how to write it in on the ballot. Still, my point stands: term limits are fundamentally undemocratic, and I will never support them.

That having been said, I am having a very hard time remembering the last time an politician was forced to run for re-election at gunpoint. It was probably way back... uh... never?

Which is my way of telling New York State Senate Majority Leader Joseph Bruno -- who has served in office since the Beverwyck era -- that he should do the honorable thing, and lead by example. Because if eight years is plenty in Bill Drafting Land, then it should be plenty in real life.