Wednesday, January 14, 2009

WINTER CLEANING

I just went through the blog roll and got rid of every dead blog for the first time in... a year? Longer? I also delinked a few of the popular kids who never showed me the reciprocal love. Screw you, unloving popular kids!

For now, I am holding on to a few links that might actually be dead, pending an official decision. Included among them is The Malcontent, where -- as you know -- I used to post every now and then. More 'then' than 'now,' to tell the truth, but -- as you also know -- I have a lazy streak sometimes. Even though I'm a bit to the left of the average Malcontent reader and contributor, I do hope it returns. When we were good, we could have some great and thought-provoking conversations. I guess we'll see what happens.

I do understand why I deleted so many blogs, though. I've been doing this almost six years, and times change. Blogging ain't what it used to be... or so it seems.

There are, however, a few new additions to the blog roll, including The Bilerico Project. Read these people.

Over the next few months I intend to shake this place up a bit... rediscover some of my blogging energy. But you can also find me on Facebook and -- as soon as I have a free weekend to work on the design -- the new site RobByrnes.Net. The launch of the new site will definitely precede the release of the new book. That's my only firm promise.

Trust me: we won't be strangers!