Sunday, January 11, 2009

HOW BILLY HUFSEY SAVED MY BLOG


For the past year or so, as I've been in a blogging torpor, my site statistics have dropped to the near single digits. And mostly I haven't cared... otherwise I'd, you know, actually blog or something.

But this month -- despite a total of zero new posts between the first and eleventh -- the blog is on a roll. And that is due almost exclusively to our hero and my birthday twin, Billy Hufsey. By coming out of retirement and starring in the VH1 reality trainwreck series "Confessions of a Teen Idol," Billy has single-handedly saved this blog. For that, he deserved the thanks of all of us. Well, okay, just me... but still.

So you see? My annual birthday wishes to Billy paid off. Once again, my altruism has been rewarded, and my good nature and humility have benefitted this blog. And... did I mention my humility? I did? Good... just making sure.

Please follow my example and remember to send birthday wishes to obscure former celebrities. Because you never know when one of them will inexplicably show up on TV for the first time in 38 years and send traffic to your blog.

Oh, and also? Thanks, too, to the following search terms that brought people to the FARBlog:

i turned heterosexual
west new york nj model nudity
Naked Drunk Men
old famous authors


I'm always glad to be of assistance.