Sunday, January 31, 2010

YOU MEAN IF I WRITE, YOU MIGHT READ?

Readership of this blog went into a free fall a few years ago -- the web equivalent of jumping out of a ground floor window, but still -- and then, just when I thought it couldn't get worse, last January it got terrible. Like "20-people-a-day" terrible.

I don't do this often -- because usually it's your fault -- but I blame myself. I was afflcited with a combination of Blog Fatigue and Facebook Infatuation, which made it easy to desert this site for weeks at a time. In fact, I almost walked away, as so many of my old blogging BFFs have done.

But as we rolled into 2010, I decided to give my baby one more shot. After all, we've been together for almost seven years now, and I am not the kind of man to walk out when the Seven Year Itch starts, uh, itching. Meaning, I started updating more.

My pay-off has been the biggest month for site visitors since last April, and almost the biggest since last January. Okay, in relative terms, we're still not talking about a groundswell of people, but it's enough to keep me going. I know things will never be the way they once were when all of us Crazy Kids were blogging up a storm and hundreds of people visited every day, but I'm okay with that.

So, dear people, thanks for reading. And for my part, I'll do my best to keep the momentum going for yet another month.