Friday, December 17, 2004

THE 5% SOLUTION
News Flash: Trust Fund Boys has been nominated as Best Romance Novel in the Lamdba Literary Awards, also known as the National Book Awards for gay and lesbian writing, except without the pretige. Or quality.

There are twenty nominated books in the category, meaning that in a fair world (i.e., one designed by lottery officials) my book would have a 5% chance of winning the award, thereby catapulting me to riches and, perhaps, even greater fame. But it's probably not gonna happen. It's a tough category, and includes several of my favorite fellow writers from the Kensington stable, like Timothy James Beck and Dave Benbow, as well as frequent TRL guest commenter Timothy J. Lambert and Becky Cochrane, co-authors of The Deal.

There's also a lot of crap that's been nominated, as well as some anthologies which I really don't think should be in the Romance category, since there is already a Fiction Anthology category. But I don't get to make the rules.

Anyway, the point of this post is... well, first, remember that I've never asked you for anything. Never. Umm... almost never. However, riches and even greater fame would be sort of cool, so I am now respectfully asking you to make sure I win this award! Really, people, am I asking for a lot? All you have to do is find the judges, bribe or blackmail them -- or, if absolutely necessary, threaten them with physical violence -- then GET ME MY AWARD!!

Oh... and thanks! As always, I humbly appreciate your love, adoration, and support.