Monday, October 17, 2005

FEELING THE POWER
Oy. (Can a WASP get away with that? Or should I be doing my 'Slap! Oy vey!' routine instead?)

There are approximately 7,000,000,000 blogs in the world; this blog ranks approximately 6,888,500,000 in popularity. And you know what? I'm okay with that.

That's why I'm trying to figure out why some of the popular kids are getting bent out of shape when I do what I do here, which is -- come on, class, all together -- Bitch About Things. You know, like: bad editing, bad writing, obvious errors, ironic headlines, and pretty much anything published by 365gay.com. Not to mention random things that either amuse or annoy me... or, usually, do both.

Not only that, but regular readers also know I'm one of my own favorite targets. Which other Famous Author would link you to bad reviews of his own work? Pynchon? I think not!

Listen, I know I'm Famous. But really, Gothamist and Jossip/Queerty, don't worry about it. This is what I do. Mostly I play nice; sometimes not-so-nice, but usually with tongue firmly planted in cheek. No need to get defensive about anything you read on this blog.

Okay, does everyone have their thick skin back on? Great. Because wait until I tell you what I just read on Gawker...