Monday, March 06, 2006

FROM THE DEPT. OF GET A LIFE
Tears. Anger. Rage. This is how any adult would react when faced with injustice.

Or, in this case, it's how they react when their favorite movie isn't named Best Picture at the Academy Awards. Sheesh. Memo to Grant, Rod, and Brad: I know your names have doomed you to a lifetime of gay stereotyping, but Brokeback Mountain was Just. A. Movie.

And it's perfectly all right to like another movie better. It doesn't make someone Jesse Helms just because he or she voted for Crash.

Then again, these guys probably cried when Shirley MacLaine was passed over altogether for her role in Bewitched. What can I say, boys? There's no justice in Hollywood. Why don't you run home and make a protest quilt or something, 'kay?


UPDATE: What Ebert said. Also what Sid and The FAF said. They're just nicer than I am. Go figure.


AND ANOTHER THING: I'm hardly a legal scholar, but I think I understand the basics of copyright law. And unless I am dramatically mistaken, you cannot, oh, cut-and-paste an Associated Press article on your web site then stick your own copyright on the bottom of it and claim it as your own. I mean, who would do something like that? Oh yeah...