Tuesday, April 25, 2006

READ IT
Novelist Christopher Rice has something important to say to you. And no, I'm not being snarky. Click and read.

I said to click and read, dammit. Then capture the link and pass it around.

That was so good that I forgive him one curious omission. Much like Chad Lowe, I'm sure I was just forgotten in the excitement of the moment.


UPDATE: Per Mike's comment, I should add something. I -- and some of my best friends (of course) -- write the type of lighter fare that, in re-reading the Rice essay, he may have indeed been taking a passing jab at. I'm forgiving of that, especially since some of the authors he lists are hardly literary standouts. The emphasis of the piece, though, is that gay men and lesbians have a responsibility here, and that is to pick up a book now and then. That is what I applaud.