Wednesday, August 23, 2006

YOU CAN BE A POST COPY-EDITOR!
All you have to do is tell me what is wrong with this headline!

SLAY BUST ENDS
30-YEAR WEIGHT


And before you start thinking that's a play on words, it isn't.


PS: If they correct the on-line version, I'll scan the dead-tree version.


PPS: I know I've been acting like a school marm lately, but -- at the risk of being branded a hypocrite -- WTF? Has the heat made everybody so sloppy that I don't have to look twice for these things to jump out?


PPPS: One more point of clarification -- I don't get bent out of shape when the average blog or personal page makes a mistake. But if you are a news source or make statements that your site was "born out of a gaping void in online publishing" or the like, you should hold yourself to a higher standard. In the words of Miranda Priestly, that's all.


PPPPS: Uh... nothing. I just wanted to type PPPPS.

Labels: , ,