Friday, April 04, 2008

PUBLICITY HO SEEKS ATTENTION
I kid, of course. But Acito's new book -- Attack of the Theater People -- is coming out in minutes, and he's created a video to promote it.



I should totally try doing something like this for my next book. Except probably without the roller skates...

And the singing...

And the dancing...

I know my limits.

By the way, Marc will be reading from Attack of the Theater People on Monday, May 12 at the Barnes & Noble at West 82nd Street and Broadway in Manhattan. I'll see you there, right?

[SEGUE!]

And let me add that I will be at the May 12 reading despite the fact that I will have flown home that afternoon from New Orleans, where I'll be attending the 2008 Saints & Sinners Literary Festival. It should be a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing people like Greg Herren, Rich Merritt, and 50% t0 67% of Timothy James Beck, depending on the title, aka Becks and Teej. I'll see you there, right?

[SEGUE!]

And speaking of Timothy James Beck and parts thereof, the new edition of Gay Lifestyle Monthy has an interview with our favorite literary foursome.


I have no 'I'll see you there' tie-in, but their most recent novel is When You Don't See Me, so the theme lives. Sort of.

[VERY LAME SEGUE!]

And speaking of things that come in multiples, remember that Friend of FARB Andrew W. M. Beierle will be reading from his Lambda Literary Award-nominated conjoined twins novel First Person Plural -- hey, I said the segue was lame -- in Manhattan at KGBBar's Drunken! Careening! Writers! on Thursday, April 17. I'll see you there, right?

[NOT EVEN TRYING TO SEGUE ANYMORE!]

Finally... uh, I think... remember that Joel Derfner's new book, Swish: My Quest to Become the Gayest Person Ever, will be released in mid-May.

I can't wait for this one.



Okay. Enough.