Friday, December 17, 2004

THERE BE DRAGONS HERE
Or Jesusland's Top Scientist Speaks Out
Oh, make it stop! Remember this Joseph Farah, who was mocked commentaried-upon a while back? Well, thanks to Fark I've found his thoughts on evolution and creationism. The moneyest of the money quotes:

  • "The primary reason I believe [in Creationism], of course, is because the Bible tells me so. That's good enough for me, because I haven't found the Bible to be wrong about anything else."
  • "I am 100 percent certain man and dinosaurs walked the earth at the same time. In fact, I'm not at all sure dinosaurs are even extinct!"
  • "Think of all the world's legends about dragons. Look at those images. What were those folks seeing?... I believe they saw dragons – what we now call dinosaurs. "
  • "And what about the not-so-unusual sightings of contemporary sea monsters? Some of them have actually been captured. There are also countless contemporary sightings of what appear to be pterodactyls in Asia and Africa."


Next week: America reverts to the flat-earth map. Stay tuned.