Friday, May 13, 2005

I'M NOT QUITE SURE IF I SHOULD BE OFFENDED BY THIS
Since Trust Fund Boys is, ostensibly, about keeping up appearances, let’s start with the book’s packaging. It’s a gay summer read, so there should be a half-naked guy on the cover. Check. But a closer look reveals that this isn’t the usual Howard Roffman pretty boy, but more your average gym-body sporting a pair of sunglasses, perhaps to look cool, but more likely to hide the crinkles of age.

Now let’s flip to the back to the author photo. Rob Byrnes isn’t the guy on the cover, but he looks like he could well stand in for him.
Nah... I'm not offended. And anyway, nobody makes fun of the crinkes that go along with my advanced age better than me.

Still, I'll beat that Jay Laird with my walker. I will. Damn whippersnapper...