Sunday, January 28, 2007

iPOD PEOPLE
A meme has been making its way through various live journals, and -- since it's a quiet Sunday morning here in the Capitol of the World -- I thought I'd make it legitimate and repeat it using real blogging software. As the creator of the now-famous 'I Can Be as Boring as Kottke' meme, I have a healthy respect for those blogging devices. More importantly, I haven't posted a meme here since, oh, Tuesday. (You remember that peeing-in-the-pool thing, right? Turns out that everybody has done it, so stop judging me.)

The Rules: I am going to list the first line of the first 25 songs that pop up in my iTunes shuffle, and you are going to tell me what songs they come from. Good luck!

1. In the heat of a summer night, in the land of the dollar bill
2. Gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight, gonna grab some afternoon delight.
3. The marchin' band came down along Main Street, the soldier-blues fell in behind
4. I was working in the lab late one night, when my eyes beheld an eerie sight
5. Who let the dogs out (woof, woof, woof, woof)
6. I'm bringing sexy back, them other boys don't know how to act
7. I'm too sexy for my love, too sexy for my love
8. I don't drink or smoke, ain't into dope
9. Aruba, Jamaica, ooo I wanna take you
10. High on a hill was a lonely goatherd, Layee odl, layee odl layee-oo
11. You know I can't smile without you
12. He was on his way home from Candletop
13. All right stop, collaborate and listen, Ice is back with my brand new invention
14. (That, that) Dude looks like a lady
15. I'm lying alone with my head on the phone, thinking of you till it hurts
16. Good morning, yesterday, you wake up and time has slipped away
17. You live your life in the songs you hear on the rock and roll radio
18. You've been around all night, and that's a little long
19. Muskrat, muskrat candlelight, doin' the town and doin' it right
20. Her hair is Harlow gold, her lips a sweet surprise
21. Goodbye to you, my trusted friend, we've known each other since we were nine or ten.
22. My daddy left home when I was three, and he didn't leave much to ma and me
23. Who can take a sunrise, sprinkle it with dew?
24. Chicks and ducks and geese better scurry, when I take you out in the surrey
25. We off the block this year, went from a little to a lot this year


Heh. Uh, I mean... post your answers in the comments, and I'll cross them off as you nail them down.


UPDATE: No need to cross out; Jess and Marc got'em all.

Now, I have two follow-up questions:

1. Do I have the slightest idea what an iTune shuffle is?

and

2. In centimeters, exactly how far was my tongue in my cheek when I created my list?